Weston Bike Night 30/07/09

Guest wasted_ace

I will be heading to the Weston-Supa-Mare Bike night Thursday 30th..this one is a themed night..streetfighters and custom so shud be gud..just hope it stays dry..anybody interested in goin or meetin up..i will be coming in from Bristol.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Weston Bike night again tomorrow and the weather looks good so me and the missus will be off for our usual cuppa and chips on the seawall..and i think there will be one or two bike there as well.. :D :D

• 4 weeks later...
they've got a ride out tonight too haven't they? First thursday of the month 'nd all?

Do you know where they go?

I wasnt aware they have a rideout but i aint been for a few weeks..i think they have a rideout on the final bike night before it closes down for the winter...the last one being at the end of the month...we wil be there.. :D

I believe there was not a great deal of interest in the rideouts so I think they stopped.

The last night is not a rideout, but Members of The Royal British Legion Riders Branch have a mass ride in, co-ordinated & led by yours truly. Last year (the first) we had some 86 bikes from around the Country, the word used was 'impressive' apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8-c3MUe0I

Group photo at 16secs, the ride starts at around 3mins

Expecting a bigger turnout this year.

Ok, I have been speaking with the organiser and yes there is a rideout but these are on the first bike night of the month, sadly due to the rather unpredictable weather last week it did not go ahead.

Like I said then :wink:

Ok, I have been speaking with the organiser and yes there is a rideout but these are on the first bike night of the month, sadly due to the rather unpredictable weather last week it did not go ahead.

Like I said then :wink:

Yup. :oops:

but remember no one likes a smartarse :lol: :lol:

Hehe quite right. Reminds me of a saying:

"it's ok if you know what you don't know but worse if you don't know what you don't know !"

I think Powell said that us secretary of state or se such

:lol: :lol:

It was George Dubblya, and funny as hell if it hadn't come from the mouth of the man with his finger on the button :shock:

Can't remember the full quote, but I won't be surprised if when I get home from work at 0700 it is here. :wink:

Well me and the missus will be attending the last couple of bike nites as its a good meet..will be sorry to see it shut down for the winter..but hey..soon be spring again.. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Last one tonight :cry:

I will be riding in at 1837ish may have one or two others with me, 83 others last year :lol:

I will be carrying the RBLR flag.

Hope to see some of you there, don't be a stranger.

Hi there Cruz...me and the missus will riding in there about 7pm...i believe that the RBLR will be coming in from Weston station at 18.30 so will keep my eyes open for you all... :lol:

Biggest one in 2 years over 800 bikes, in excess of £8 raised for charity. Looking forward to next year already.

Just short of 80 bikes on the ride in this year.

A great night out and the weather was perfect..bit of a long queue for a cuppa though.. :lol: ..i saw that the Silver Norton Commando won the bike of the year...a fitting end to a an enjoyable season..me and the missus will miss our Thursday evening out down by the coast.. :(