Elefantentreffen 2018

Mawsley

Every year since the dawn of biking time, I've always said to myself: "I have to go to the Elephant Rally."

And yet I never go to the Elephant Rally.

This changes. Next year ima going to Elefantentreffen at the Nürburgring. Anybody been? Anybody going?

Chap on a Honda Grom

IMG_0095.JPG.1d4b1d4a505904c186bba8e5cff65dbd.JPG

The rally at the ring is a modern invention... and 'luxurious' compared to the 'proper' elefant rally which is a lot further from calais..

650 miles or thereabouts on the far side of Germany and truly in the middle of nowhere close to the Czech border.. theres some confusion in that thread.. as someone has put a video of the Bavarian elefant.. on a thread about the Eifel elefant.

They couldn't be more different.

as for going... I might consider it if I have an outfit. (but I do not.) and I'm not really enough of a masochist.

Looks hella fun! I'd be tempted to join you but I'll be on the other side of the planet by then :(

Excuses excuses... :roll:

Well if you can lend me a bike I might consider but I ain't shipping it back to the UK specially :lol:

Errm... Nope

I remember seeing it first in MCN in the 70's!

Frightened the shit out of me back then when I was young and fit!

At my age now it would probably kill me......so I'll stick to my namby pamby riding in the sun!