Start a FB group and you get members...

onesea

FB groups are a funny thing... I seem to of found myself Admining a couple...

One local community group I inherited you know when you are getting into a community when you start a post with "Its a busy week in the village this week" :shock: . That one has got me a couple of random threats :? , reported to the police :shock: and a couple of shamed faces when they realised I am admin :up: .

Then there is the closed group I started to arrange mid week rideouts, "closed for those that are riding when they should be working" (and to keep mine and a couple of other X wifes spying)....

There are a couple of others (closed for various reasons) I have been asked to assist/ co admin. There is always some one offering helpful advice, telling you you can do it better or wanting to be admin.

The worst are the small time businesses/ local interests trying to push there business/ events 24/ 7. If your event or whatever is the main focus of the last 10 posts and only 3 people are going and no one has liked since your first post then you might be trying to hard.

First I delete posts, then send polite reminder finally block. So far I have blocked a motorcycle school, a care home, a childs play group, several activists type people and a local councillor... Plus the usual sunglass sales etc, oh and did you know if you join a group can block the admin so they cannot see what your posting in your own group? So ideally you you should have a spy that is not your friend to keep an eye on things.

Well the long and short of it the problem with FB and closed groups is if you make an event you cannot share it... So with something's coming up we wanted to share I started yet another group for creating public events...

The group states "No need to join the group other than to make events that can be shared outside closed groups or across multiple groups..." yet people keep joining. Some off the people are people I don't know who dont live locally, I am curious to see how big the group will grow.

Edited by onesea

Translation:

OP is admin on various groups, one of which is private or hidden so only people who are invited to join it can see the posts. This causes a problem when they want to share an upcoming event so the OP created another group just for this purpose, people have started joining said page and the OP is wondering how popular it will become.

Still don't get it,,,if you don't want someone on one group why let them see an event your doing on another all seems a bit 2 faced to me but I am a thick f,,,er at times , it's an age thing I'm told but I'm only a young un :wink:

Still don't get it,,,if you don't want someone on one group why let them see an event your doing on another all seems a bit 2 faced to me but I am a thick f,,,er at times , it's an age thing I'm told but I'm only a young un :wink:

Maybe because you dont want your boss (or X wife, or other half) to read that you are thinking you can get off work early friday and get a run on the bike, who's joining you?

Then when there is a wedding ride on you want to invite anyone who can/ wants to come to make the special day more special...

• 2 weeks later...