Guy Martin at IOM TT 2017

Westbeef

It could be happening, back on a fireblade! I hope it happens and he gets something this time around.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2017-01-17/guy-martin-could-make-iom-tt-return/

Edit - It's official!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/38661790

Edited by Westbeef

I'm reading one of his books (this one of anyone cares https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guy-Martin-Worms-Catch/dp/0753545306) currently and it's set around his wall of death ride (among other things).

Tis quite good. I've read his autobiography and it was OK but think he enjoys writing about stuff he likes more than he does about himself!

I'm reading his autobiog cos it was 20p an on Amazon and I was feeling kind in the mood for splashing out wildly on something. I'm enjoying a lot more than I expected.

I hope he gets his maiden win but the competition is tougher than ever at the moment. He's been so close at times and it's a shame as he has been devastating on the shorter closed road circuits in the past. Last saw him race at the 2014 TT and he was seriously quick.

Id think it will be another BMW dominant podium.

From what ive heard there has been a big delay in getting bikes to race teams, something to do with the ohlins forks. Very little testing time in comparison to other bikes ontop of it being a mostly new machine.

More chance of me being the next pope than Guy Martin winning a TT

I have a horrible suspicion he's going to hurt himself this time...

Why?

Maybe because of the reasons he left racing in the 1st place,as said I'm not a guy fan but wish him no harm but I also think this isn't a good move as do a lot (most of real road racing) followers ,fitness,mental attitude ,public appearance ,racing and personal pressure all come into play and with the big h they expect results regardless ,to much for him but that's my opion only

I have a horrible suspicion he's going to hurt himself this time...

Why?

Maybe because of the reasons he left racing in the 1st place,as said I'm not a guy fan but wish him no harm but I also think this isn't a good move as do a lot (most of real road racing) followers ,fitness,mental attitude ,public appearance ,racing and personal pressure all come into play and with the big h they expect results regardless ,to much for him but that's my opion only

Well said... I think the pressure to win is going to put him into the wall... Really hope not though as he's a great personality!

Pressure from himself? Honda? Or the fans? I dont see him as the type to feel pressure, not that would affect how he takes himself into a race like the tt. From one of those mcn videos hes saying that hes agreed with his team that he doesnt have to be a typical motorbike racing w**ker and other than that interview he has no press expectations.

Fitness wise he must be physically in the top 3 on the grid! Bike fit who knows but by the time it comes to the 200 im sure he will have prepared himself.

Will he take a win? Most likely not. But if the bike is up for it then he is one of the most capable people alive on the course and will be up there in the mix.

I think Guy does it for the enjoyment of racing. I think he's missed it doing all the telly stuff. He's at risk as much as anybody else. The riders feeling the pressure to win are Hutchy and NcGuinness. McG to match Joey's record then to retire and Hutchy to try and beat McG's record and so on. Pressure wise, Guy can just turn up and race, he's doesn't have to win but if he's quick enough who knows?. He has been the bridesmaid so many times, he set a 132mph lap in 2015 during the Senior...but then so did 4 other riders. The poor bugger would have won it on any other occasion.

If the bikes good enough and you take the likes of Hutchy and Dunlop out of the equation, Guy wouldnt be beating McGuinness. Id love for him to get a win, but between Guy and McGuinness I don't think there's much competition, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Glad he is back and imo he races for the right reason, because he wants to.

If John is on full chat there isn't another guy on that mountain that can beat him he is too smooth and fast.

Guy is a top rider nice and tidy but he has never had the luck of the fairies on his side

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk