Seriously need help

Guest classifiedmoto

Really? I'll give it a try tomorrow then and see what they say. Is there anything in particular I should tell them

Well do you think it's fair that you have a catastrophic mechanical failure after only 1900 miles of normal road use??

I can't actually believe you haven't already had an argument with them about it.

It also says that clutch plates are items subject to wear and not covered under warranty

Sounds like you've given up already....

From what you said it's not the plates that have failed, something more catastrophic has happened. Something that's not subject to wear.

Yes plates can wear out but they shouldn't break and it would take very poor riding to wear out a set of plates in just 1900miles so i would first ask what's actually broken what the 200quid bill will be paying for and what caused the failure and should you expect the same failure in a further 1900miles and so on. The bike is virtually new and it's broken. That suggests a manufacturing problem.

But sounds like you're happy to just pay them the cash....

Its Your money mate, either fight for your legal rights or roll over and take the blame for something that's really not your fault...

Do some research and build an argument to get it done for free.... But to be honest they way you are talking on here they are going to walk all over you fob you off with some nonsense and just see you as an easy pushover and great source of further free money...

Yeah well I'm going down to the repair place today and I'm going to ask them to show me exactly where the wear is and what's happened etc so will see what they say

Any product sold in the UK has to be "fit for purpose". A clutch failing after 1900miles is clearly not fit for purpose.

Regardless of what they say, if it's under a year old you will have a very strong case against them. Even if it's older than a year you still have a very strong case.

And don't listen to any nonsense about it being the manufacturers problem because it's not. Your contract was with the bike dealership and and so it's up to them to put it right.

If they continue to be difficult just tell them you'll take them to small claims court for the cost of the entire bike.. as far as you're concerned you bought a complete bike and currently the whole bike is unusable so you will claim for the full purchase price.

Yeah I'm gonna be calling the people who sold me the bike today and tell them how upset I am and see what they say and then will go down the garage who are fixing it for me to ask them exactly what the damage was and ask them to physically show me before they do it

Managed to get the garage down to doing it all for 125 instead of £200 now so it's a bit better

so what actually broke?

is the garage the same people who sold you the bike?

No it's different people. Basically he said that the clutch plates are what needed replacing as it was slipping like crazy but said the actual basket was fine

No it's different people. Basically he said that the clutch plates are what needed replacing as it was slipping like crazy but said the actual basket was fine

so you managed to burn out the clutch in 1900miles?? was it really badly adjusted??

Got the bike back from the garage today and the problem is still exactly the same as it was before

Will the garage charge me again to fix it

Nope, you paid them for a service that they have failed to deliver.

Take it back and tell them to fix it or return your money.

Got the bike back from the garage today and the problem is still exactly the same as it was before

Will the garage charge me again to fix it

Nope, you paid them for a service that they have failed to deliver.

Take it back and tell them to fix it or return your money.

:stupid: I'd ask them whether they tested it, and why they've returned it when they clearly haven't fixed the problem.

Thanks for the reply guys. It's worse then it was before I took it in. Still all the same problems but tonight on way home it's now struggling to get into 4th and 5th

Going to take it to him on Monday. I'm just worried that he's going to say it's not the clutch and then want to charge me for what it actually is

To be honest the bike doesn't feel safe to ride anymore so I'm going to ask him to collect it from me as I don't feel safe enough riding it especially through busy traffic

The thing is the mechanic said that on Monday he will have a proper ride on it and see what's going on...surely he should have done that anyway

Also he said that the clutch wasn't adjusted properly from the dealer when I bought it so he's adjusted it all and it feels so much more clunky and he's still sure that the clutch was the problem but clearly it's exactly the same