Norway

Chrissb6

Thank you UK boarder force.

Just had one of my plans that I've been wanting to do for years tipped up this morning.

The passage to Brevik Norway from Immingham is no more for passengers. Apparently it was stopped by the British boarder force last September Joy O Joy! Now it's at least another week to the holiday. So now if l wanted to go it's a ferry to Holland then ride up through Germany and Demark and another ferry to Norway. So that's now 2 ferries and 1092miles to do just to get to our original starting point Norway. Gutted

To be fair I did it on a pedal bike so you should be sorted with a motor :D

Wonder what the reasons were, it is unfortunate.

I suppose it's them doing there bit in securing the country JOKE! Again it's the innocent people who suffer. I'm massively disappointed, there's no way my partner can take 3 weeks off work to go that's what we will need minimum to do it properly.

Best you can do is keep an eye on the Regina line website.. they did hope to start a new ferry service last year.. but something went wrong, I think the company they were set to charter a boat from pulled out... or the boat became unavailable. That might change this year.. or next.

http://www.reginaline.dk

as an alternative.. seems likely to me that you could have the bike shipped.. then fly and collect. Not a cheap way... but it may be the only way if time is a genuine issue. I know that in 2012 the cost of shipping a bike in both directions to Iceland was £708. from Immingham. I would imagine Norway would be similar... this 5yrs later. especially with the dire value of the £.

I bet DFDS are a bit peeved.. the top-up of taken berths during the summer months must have helped their profit margins.

Best you can do is keep an eye on the Regina line website.. they did hope to start a new ferry service last year.. but something went wrong, I think the company they were set to charter a boat from pulled out... or the boat became unavailable. That might change this year.. or next.

http://www.reginaline.dk

as an alternative.. seems likely to me that you could have the bike shipped.. then fly and collect. Not a cheap way... but it may be the only way if time is a genuine issue. I know that in 2012 the cost of shipping a bike in both directions to Iceland was £708. from Immingham. I would imagine Norway would be similar... this 5yrs later. especially with the dire value of the £.

I bet DFDS are a bit peeved.. the top-up of taken berths during the summer months must have helped their profit margins.

Cheers for the heads up, not much happening there yet by all accounts. Immingham did say they will still freight cars over with doc's not sure about bikes l will chase that one up. Last years fare was £50 each way for the bike and £175 each per passenger. There's now going to be a lot of hassle doing it this way l feel