AJS CR3 125 kickstart removal.

Guest Kevin

the thing im mostly concerned about is why the kickstart wont move and why my revs decided to suddenly drop for no apparent reason while i was riding

my tutour at collage said it could be the ignition coil but that wouldnt explain it i dont think

the kickstart has its own gear and clutch affair, which is why they whine if your leave the kicker down when the engine is running...

and the coil wouldn't effect the kickstart... but would kill the feed to the plug..

google has a wealth of info on locked kickstarts

Does this sound familiar.......

86 kx250 locked kick start mech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My kx kick-start locked up and felt like the bike had seized up. I took the head off first (mistake) and then the side cover panel. The spring on the kick-start was off when I opened the case. I removed the whole kick-start mechanism, cleaned, and then replaced it, but still when I try to kick the bike over, it doesn't turn the gears (it feels jammed). All the gears inside the cover move when I manually turn the main bolt to the connecting rod to the piston. It seems to me that it should be an easy fix, am I missing something very simple? Thanks, Joe

response

Do you have a manual for it? Follow the manual diagram to take it apart and put it back togther. I had the same problem with my 75, and I can't remember what I did wrong or what I did to fix it. If I do remember I'll let you know.

and here...

i.e

I was riding my 05 tomos sprint and it just stoped fast and died and i wont let me kick start it is like its locked up or somthing.I talked to a moped shop they said it might just need to be serviced.But i dont no where to start.help me save my baby please

response..

its the central google clutch, theres two springs either side and one of these springs must have seized meaning that the clutch can not open up and close, it will always be in gear, i know its a rev and go and you dont have gears but you do, you have a nuetrual and a go when the springs are shut its in nuetral when there open they go, if they are open because of the seized spring the ped is in gear there for you canot turn the engine over by kick starting it. hope i helped :D

and im only 14 :P

I think the kickstart gear/return spring has broken, become loose, and this is your problem...

What year is your bike?

IS it like this one? http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ajs_cr3-125_2008.php

best find yet...

http://www.dansmc.com/stuck_engine.htm

OK, you try to kick start the engine or hit the starter button and things are frozen. Don't try to kick harder. You will just end up breaking things. We must first figure out what type of seizure we are dealing with. Make sure the engine is in neutral. Now push it. If it pushes easily, you now know that the rear brakes, chain or drive line and the gears on the countershaft of the transmission are OK. Now put the engine in it's top gear and again try to push it. If the engine will turn over, It's not stuck. The problem is in the kickstarter gears. If there is only an electric starter, the problem is in it or the electric starter gears and/or starter clutch.

i tried it in top gear and it did the same, and ill need the engine to start, to get fuel in the carb which isnt helpful lol the fuel is pressure controlled

have you got a charger, charge the battery, and you'll probably have a better chance, also take out the plug, and give a rub with a brass brush or some wirewool,