Scottoiler e-system or V system

Guest stover

Hi,

I am looking at installing a Scottoiler to my 2009 Bonneville.

There is quiet a difference in price between the e system (electronic) & the V system (vacuum)

I can't seem to find any feedback on the e system, was wondering if anyone has one fitted & are they better than the V system?

Advice would be greatly apreciated.

Stover

I've also been trying to compare both, however I haven't found anyone that's bought one or even a shop that's sold one, I've been asking around for a few weeks now (although not on here yet strangely).

I can justify the extra cost if it's as good as Scottoiler says it is. It's not as huge a price difference for me as I wouldn't attempt to fit a V-system myself so I'd have labour charges to pay on top, where as I reckon I could fit the E-system myself without any problems.

A lot of people I have spoke to have just said to get the V as it's tried and trusted and apparently everyone loves them.

I have read as much as I can find on the net about the e-system, and to be honest am going towards the V, as the e doesn't seem too tried & tested, and I think having a display on the handle bars might be a bit much.

Too many things to watch for (old bill, speed cams ect without another toy to play with)

Would still be interested in any feedback on both systems.

Cheers

Stover

Personally I'd go for V system. I know Hein Gericke in Birmingham sell the E by the way - I was in there, saw it and went "ooo that looks nice..." read up on it and thought "nah!". Like you say it's just one more piece of "bar clutter". I trust the V system anyway as I've used it on two bikes so far and it's great, never had a problem. Why would I want to dick around with buttons and a dumb display when the point of a Scottoiler is to install it and forget about it for a few thousand miles?

Looking at the Loobman, could get the wife to squirt the chain with a squeezy bottle full of oil, lol.

'Loobman' Link for the lazy...

http://www.chainoiler.co.uk/

dont laff, its what i do.... i have chain oil in one of these, (surplus scottoil from when i had one..) a simple squirt onto the sprocket a couple of times and go, the spinning drives the oil into the chain.. lives behind the screen..

395601603_glamour20queen20x1.jpg.91b2e0c4891ac5c309d0c0b9aed26f66.jpg

just wanted a cheap squirt bottle so found one in the H&B ailse of the supermarket..