abba stand

hYpYz

Hi

im looking for a bike stand to get my rear tyre up

main purpose is to lube the chain when motorbike is in first gear and the rear tyre is spinning freely

do you think abba sand will be ok with motorbike running on it? maybe you have something against my method of lubing the chain:D?

i went through couple of older posts and abba stands were the ones most people recommended as very safe to use

thank you

DO NOT LUBE THE CHAIN WHILST BIKE IS RUNNING & IN GEAR.... catch and finger and its gunna come off (think about it, the bike has enough power to only idle and pull you along!)

I have an abba stand and yes i can run the bike with it on (good for checking clutch biting point etc). And works well for chain removal etc. Although they are costly, the bike is very secure on it and its an easy one man job!

EDIT: check out dans post for advice on lubing chains :D : http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... =5&t=21360

:stupid:

DO NOT LUBE CHAIN BY PUTTING BIKE ON ANY STAND AND RUNNING IN FIRST GEAR

More importantly whay would you want to, all you need to do is put the bike on either an abba stand or paddock stand, gently turn the rear wheel with one hand and lube chain with the other.

However abba stands are outstanding bits of kit.

if its just to get access to the rear wheel a paddock stand will suffice, and considerably cheaper, but the abba stand is the best in the business.

with both you would need something to assist raising the front for wheel / fork removal.

and agreed, DONT LUBE CHAIN WHILST ENGINE RUNNING, its safer to do it manually, and you will notice any notichiness/slicking links,

otherwise fit a loobman, or scottoiler, so the bike is lubed whilst in motion, but you are safely sat on the seat out of the way..

if its just to get access to the rear wheel a paddock stand will suffice, and considerably cheaper, but the abba stand is the best in the business.

with both you would need something to assist raising the front for wheel / fork removal.

i do also believe that abba do sell a device that will lift the front of the bike (and works in conjunction with the stand)

i have another problem regarding that matter:D

i have emailed abba stands but no response so far

theres no 2003 cbr600f in the model list should i choose cbr 600 from 2002 fitting kit?

or should i go fro cbr 600 rr from 2003 im not sure but i believe there were some frame changes in them...can somebody clear that up for me?

i have another problem regarding that matter:D

i have emailed abba stands but no response so far

theres no 2003 cbr600f in the model list should i choose cbr 600 from 2002 fitting kit?

or should i go fro cbr 600 rr from 2003 im not sure but i believe there were some frame changes in them...can somebody clear that up for me?

CBR model history is complex around 2000 - 2003

Pre 2000 there was only one CBR600

In 2000 the model was split in 2 the CBR600F and the CBR600 F Sport (post 2002 this became the CBR600RR).

I would Ring them to check as I am pretty sure the 2003 F and RR have different swing arms.