Module 2 - How many faults am I allowed?

Guest lex789

Hello !

I've got my final part of my test (Module 2) booked for this Wednesday and want to get a clear understanding in my head the amount of faults I'm allowed before failing my test. My instructor mentioned something about Minor & major faults - whats the difference?

Also - Would the DSA examiner count 4 x missed life savers as 4 minor faults, or just 1 ?

Any tips would be great !

Thanks again!

Lex

Hello !

I've got my final part of my test (Module 2) booked for this Wednesday and want to get a clear understanding in my head the amount of faults I'm allowed before failing my test. My instructor mentioned something about Minor & major faults - whats the difference?

Also - Would the DSA examiner count 4 x missed life savers as 4 minor faults, or just 1 ?

Any tips would be great !

Thanks again!

Lex

Minor faults are just that minor. A major fault is a fail.

4 missed life savers is a major I think. Dont quote me on it though. Dont forget they are also human so may not see a few of your errors.

Edit to make it clearer. You can have up to 15 minors before you fail a test. However 4 or more in the same marking section is a major and hence a fail. This is just what I've been told, so not sure if its right.

everything you need to know here:

http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/getdoc/7493 ... -test.aspx

I wouldn't worry to much as long as you know the area and are confident at junctions and roundabout etc. All the maneuvers are out the way apart from hill starts, angled starts. just make sure you are smooth on the controls, show good observations and don't cause any other road users to change speed or direction.