Dorna

ManInASuitcase

As well as running moto gp,Dorna are taking over the running of world superbike.

Well we all know what's coming next dont we?

A dumbed down moto gp to more like superbike and a dumbed down superbike to more like superstock level.

May be a good thing in the long run to have both series under one umbrella.

Only time will tell.

Steve

I bloody hope they don't. Dorna have killed gp and turned it into the Spanish international display team. They even changed the rules so marquez can ride for Honda. There can't be a track in Spain that doesn't host a round of gp. :roll:

I do however think that wsb and gp should share a meet a couple of times a season though. That would be a giggle to watch biaggi rossi and melandri bumping elbows. :lol:

Yeah, the rookie rule soon went out of the window when Honda wanted there golden boy in the Repsol team.

Honda have always had to much clout in my opinion,wonder if the threat of leaving if the controlled ecu

goes ahead in 2014 will change the mind of Mr Ezpeleta.

Saying that,am looking forward to Marquez ruffling a few feathers next year.

I suppose we will have to wait and see but dorna directly didn't ruin moto gp isn't it the manufacturers who set tech regs so mainly Honda ;)

As for the rookie rule it was ridiculous in the first place really affected nobody and would be a detriment to the people it was supposed to help if it hadnt have been dropped this year not for marquez but because of marquez.

The so called dumbing down of gp is coming regardless of who is in charge,that itself could be at a pinch blamed on honda as much as anybody but costs are too high!

Anyway it will satisfy those that want closer racing rather than watching pure racing bikes.

One more thing the rookie rule was overlooked one time before and im sure it had nothing to do with honda....hazard a guess :wink:

Your'e correct Techno the manufacturers did set the tech.regs. but that agreement no longer applies after this season.

With the insistance of the controlled ecu in 2014 we will see who cracks first,Dorna or Honda.

Honda are saying though that the other manufacturers don't want the ecu also.

Interesting times ahead.

By the way I agree with you about the rookie rule,complete rubbish.