Booked onto ERS

I have just this minute booked myself onto the Enhanced Rider Scheme. It is a 6hour course one to one. Ill report back on Wednesday as to what it was like.

Has anyone done any advanced training? Any tips on advanced riding would be appreciated. Would be nice to go into the test knowing some advanced skills already.

Whilst any good advanced training is worthwhile, what I have seen of the ERS has not impressed me as it is nothing more than an extended DAS course.

There are some ERS instructors who will follow accepted practices rather than DSA guidelines which is fine.

But I have had some ERS trained riders on test and I have failed them 10 minutes into the test (although they do not get told this until the ride is complete).

if you get something worthwhile out of it, then terrific, but the quality of this scheme is very much down to the quality of your instruction and instructor.

I enquired with my DAS instructor whether he did the ERS having just passed my DAS and he told me not to bother as what it would likely save me on insurance with a company that recognises it might get beaten by a cheaper company anyway.

Guess that kinda of makes sense although i guess there could have been a hidden agenda in he makes more money from DAS candidates ?

Out of interest how much was your ERS course Wolf ? (Oh and nice bike ;))

My DAS instructor did say to me though if i wanted to do another course to get on one of the police training courses instead of ERS.

The ERS should be £160 but the Leicester City Council are funding it so I only had to pay £60.

I just want to learn more about riding, the instructor I am having is really good, he taught me how to ride when I was 17.

I want to be an instructor myself so I need to get as much advanced training as possible so I can feel confident to pass the motorcycle instructors assessment.

I was wondering, what sort of difference this makes to insurance?

Want to do it with my instructor next month when i've been paid, especially since there is a similar scheme where i live where the council pays some of the bill for you and i feel i could use a little extra tuition.

I was wondering, what sort of difference this makes to insurance?

Want to do it with my instructor next month when i've been paid, especially since there is a similar scheme where i live where the council pays some of the bill for you and i feel i could use a little extra tuition.

The difference would depend on the underwriting company that is quoting. With ourselves, some underwriters wouldn't actually provide any discounts at all for this as they prefer to concentrate on NCB and road experience whereas some will discount up to 15% for this type of course.

Hope that helps.

Barry

The difference would depend on the underwriting company that is quoting. With ourselves, some underwriters wouldn't actually provide any discounts at all for this as they prefer to concentrate on NCB and road experience whereas some will discount up to 15% for this type of course.

Hope that helps.

Barry

Thanks, good to know. I guess its as much for my safety as it is saving money on insurance though.