19 and confused! please help

Guest karandev94

Hello all, my first time on the forums and i was wondering if someone could help clear a few questions/topics up for me.

Im currently 19 and 20 in april, i havent even done a cbt but the money for that and a2, a bike and insurance is there. I ultimatly want a honda cbr 600rr but obliviously i cant get that due to the restrictions and i did think about getting one and having it restricted but that would be pointless so that idea went out the window and insurance quote was 5000. Now the cbr 500 r does look good but i dont think it would be worthwhile buying if im just going to sell it in a couple years. Anyways my main question is can i do the cbt and a2 test and not buy a bike just so i could get it at 22? Does my unrestricted opportunity to get a A licence happen on the day i passed my a2 exactly 2 years after?

Thanks in advance,sorry if it doest make sense

Im currently 19 and 20 in april, i havent even done a cbt but the money for that and a2, a bike and insurance is there. I ultimatly want a honda cbr 600rr but obliviously i cant get that due to the restrictions and i did think about getting one and having it restricted but that would be pointless so that idea went out the window and insurance quote was 5000. Now the cbr 500 r does look good but i dont think it would be worthwhile buying if im just going to sell it in a couple years. Anyways my main question is can i do the cbt and a2 test and not buy a bike just so i could get it at 22? Does my unrestricted opportunity to get a A licence happen on the day i passed my a2 exactly 2 years after?

Thanks in advance,sorry if it doest make sense

Hi and welcome to TMBF. Pop over to Newbies and say hi to everyone as well :)

Yes you can sit your unrestricted test 2 years after passing your A2, there's no requirement to show you've been riding for those 2 years at all. But will you be able to have a licence for 2 years and not use it at all? :twisted: On A2 you wouldn't be able to get a 600RR and restrict it, it's 47bhp but the bike can't have started with more than twice that which means nothing more than 95 which I reckon was quite deliberate since all the 600 sports put out just over 100. You've got those 2 years there though so ride for those 2 years anyway just to get some experience and miles under your belt so you're not jumping straight onto a supersports for your first bike, they're that bit trickier to ride. You'll have 2 years no claims saved up as well which will help with the insurance on an RR at 22 :D

:stupid: get yourself out there learning to ride ( you don't learn to ride for the test, you learn to pass the test...the real learning comes afterward when you're out there on your own bike gaining experience)

can I ask what it is about the rr that makes it the one bike you're wanting ?

and just a suggestion, but if rr sportsbikes are the only ones interesting you, why not get a cbr400rr , restrict it for the 2 years ( you'll probably even pick up a restricted one, ive seen quite a few for sale) .

you'll get your money back on one of those all day long and learn to ride a sportsbike in advance of jumping on the 600

Yep, have to agree a 400 is the way forward, in the twisties not much can match it, plenty fast enough with 60+ ponies, i never bothered with the restriction myself, was never asked about it, just insured tax'd amd mot'd her and we were lovers for two years, when i went on to have an affair with a 1000cc triple, which i left her for :love:

Well what i love about the cbr 600 is the sound and look of course, just so good to the ears. And the cbr 400 does look very good i also checked out the cbr 250 rr but those bikes seem very difficult to find. I mean i could just go for a cbr 500 but theyre so exspensive for what they are, dont like the 2 stroke sound either