Improve riding

Hi all,

Just reflecting on my riding and seeing areas to improve on and maybe further training this year?

1) When you are doing a left turn at a roundabout do you always do a left shoulder check?

2) I will be taking the bike for an MOT in a few months for the first time, what are the common areas that MOT centres pick up on?

3) Would it be worth taking a mod1 on my 125 before going training and the test on a bigger bike?

4) How do you differentiate a good Mod1 and Mod2 trainer from a bad one, and one who is more concerned about turnover? (I mean no disrespect to all the fantastic and honest driving instructors out there)

Thanks everyone, I look forward to you responses!

1) When you are doing a left turn at a roundabout do you always do a left shoulder check?

- anything that involves a change of direction or lane which could bring you into contention with another road user warrants a life saver check.

2) I will be taking the bike for an MOT in a few months for the first time, what are the common areas that MOT centres pick up on?

- check list

3) Would it be worth taking a mod1 on my 125 before going training and the test on a bigger bike?

- no, it would be a waste of money - if you're over 25(?) go straight for mod 1 on a larger capacity machine.

4) How do you differentiate a good Mod1 and Mod2 trainer from a bad one, and one who is more concerned about turnover? (I mean no disrespect to all the fantastic and honest driving instructors out there)

- take a look at xsrts. They got me through my test with no great dramas. Although that said, there's a few decent schools around leeds.