Enhanced Rider Scheme

I've booked the DSA's Enhanced Rider Scheme course, with the first session for tomorrow morning. Not absolutely sure what to expect but hopefully it will highlight the weakest areas. Has anyone any experience of the course?

• 2 weeks later...

Had my initial enhanced rider assessment a week ago and was deemed 'safe'. I know you can't be too safe but the assessor hinted that I might benefit from some post assessment training to assist forward propulsion. Words chosen carefully by me there.

Had a two hour session today and I have to say it was fantastic. Loads of practical training on road positioning, gear selection, observations etc. Re affirmed that I was taught how to pass a test not to ride in the real world. Not that I thought I was a fully rounded rider immediately after test of course, hence the reason to take some further training.

Found my instructor through the gov.uk site. Have another 2 hours next week on city riding, filtering techniques etc.

Would I encourage new riders to take further training post test? Absolutely. Feel more involved with the bike, more confident and let's face it, I'm beginning to look like a confident rider!

I second the vote for further training... did bikesafe and performance plus ( good fun as well as a valuable experience, reinforced a lot of the stuff id forgotten I already knew) , and currently doing IAM

as you say, passing the test only teaches you to pass the test.... then the learning begins

If ever I needed any reassurance (I didn't) that enhanced rider training is essential it was confirmed on Thursday. Won't go into detail but saw first hand the effect that road positioning, speed and ability to stop on a bike can have. It's a bank holiday, please ride safe folks.