Aprilia RS 125 clutch cable

WilliamM

Hi folks,

Just wondering what the quickest way is to change to biting point of the clutch on a rs 125 (year 2000)? The adjustment on the clutch handle itself is as far out as it'll go but the biting point is still only when the handle is almost fully released. I hope it's just that the cable has stretched over time.

Ta

William

:stupid:

Just replaced mine and you can remove the middle cap on the clutch cover and adjust the clutch arm from there but your best off reading the manual to do this.

Replacement cables on ebay for about 13quid why not try that and see where you are.

Cheers chaps - just ordered a new clutch cable and the clutch 'Tool' so all will be well soon.

On a slightly different note....passed my mod 2 a couple of weeks ago.....did about 10 hours on a 600 and didnt touch the 125 because it was in having some work done. Got it back yesterday and it's amazingly light, so much so you can almost pick it up and throw it round corners which is great. The negative is that it's sooo boggy in the low revs!! If you're turning right into a road from a standing start and slightly misjudge the revs it bogs and you're almost stranded on the wrong side of the road!! I'll get used to it but nearly got myself in some sticky situations yesterday. Also - I'm up and down the gearbox every like no ones business...if you're not in the power band you're knackered.....GSXR 600/750 needs to be bought soon :-)

I always found with my NSR it didn't like a lot of revs when pulling away just release the clutch and roll the throttle gently. If I rev'd the nuts of her she'd just bog down for a few seconds so give that a go might help, also if the clutch isn't adjusted properly as you've mentioned it won't help.

Is your mixture set properly? What colour is your plug?

Mine had similar problems pulling away as it was running lean and would bog down.

Im with you on the up and down the gears thing. Also passed DAS recently and looking forward to picking up a 600. I dont know how people manage with 4t 125's as 2t's are bad/slow enough!