Suziki intruder 125

Guest SlicedTomatoz

Hi,

im 16 atm, looking to do my cbt and get my first 125, any oppinions on the bike and anyone know anyone selling one for not much moneys?

thanks x

Hi,

im 16 atm, looking to do my cbt and get my first 125, any oppinions on the bike and anyone know anyone selling one for not much moneys?

thanks x

Before you go any further , did you know you have to be 17 to be on a bike bigger than 50cc.

So if you took your cbt now, you would be riding a 50cc machine at the school. Then after that you need to stay on the 50cc class bikes until you turn 17.

If you already know or if your birthday is coming up, then ignore what i just said! ^

First 125 bikes i recommend are either;

Yamaha YBR 125 or WR125x

Yamaha YZF R125

Honda CG 125

Suzuki VanVan

Rieju MRT 125 (uses the same engine as Yamaha)

Honda CBR 125

I mentioned those as they are the most reliable of learner bikes. I did 12,000 miles on my 1998 honda CG125 & it never missed a beat!

Im not sure about the suzuki bike you just mentioned in your title. So i will let others shed light on that

Best places to find bikes are Gumtree; eBay, Autotrader. And ofcourse your local motorcycle shop/dealer.

Any bikes you see online you must make sure to check they aint stolen, abused , etc... so take your time when it comes to hunting your first bike!

Any questions ? Just ask away , a lot of us on this forum will help you! :)

Keep the rubber side down! ;-)

Im 17 in september so its not long away, and yeah im looking to get a 125 cruiser, i was looking at bikes like; (all 125's)

Suzuki marauder

Suzuki intruder

Honda shadow

Honda dragstar

Kawasaki elimimator

That give you any ideas on the kinda bike im after?/any oppinions on them?

Thanks x

Edited by Anonymous

I'd be tempted to go with the marauder. at least you can get parts easily enough for it and there's a haynes manual for it!

marauders are also a lot cheaper than the intruders, the only real difference being 1 fewer cylinders on the marauder.

Although the Marauder doesn't look quite as impressive as the other three, there's a lot to be said for the little extra bit of clearance you get from the pegs. Lets you chuck it about a bit more. Must weigh a bit less than the others too, surely? Which is always nice when you don't have a lot of horsepower to work with :wink:

Plus they're very easy to work on, and the fact that the engine also appears in the DR125, GS125, and GN125 means spares are very widely available and also pretty cheap too.

Yeah what is the difference between a single cylinder or a v-twin? (besides like mpg or sound) and ill bear that in mind about parts n stuff like that