Can I go from a CBT to a A2 license?

I've been riding for 3 years and I have only just found out that I need to be on a A1 license for 2 years too even get a A2 license.

I re-did my CBT when I was 18 but they never told me about the A1. This has confused me and I'm really quite annoyed if I have to stay on a 125 for another 2 years. Any help? I am 19, just unsure if I can get the bike I want.

Thanks for taking your time to read. :)

My understanding is at 19 you can do a1 licence and that means you don't need L plates and can carry pillion and it doesn't expire. A2 is 21 I believe and that's restricted to 47bhp or something like that. Licence laws are too confusing imo

I've been riding for 3 years and I have only just found out that I need to be on a A1 license for 2 years too even get a A2 license.

That is wrong. The only 'two year' rule is a short cut for a progressive access to a full licence. The rules are:

AM: you must be 16 or older

A1: you must be 17 or older

A2: you must be 19 or older

A: you must be 24 or older, or have held an A2 licence for two years if under 24.

So you can go for the A2 test now, and you could have even with no prior experience. But holding that for two years will then let you test for a full licence earlier than the direct access age limit.