Motion graphics software

MarkW

Morning peeps!

Just a quick question on the off-chance that anyone here is into animation/motion graphics stuff. My woolly grasp of the terminology should tip you off to the fact that I'm a complete noob at this! :wink:

We are going to make some short videos in the lab of various procedures that need explaining to government regulatory bodies. This video footage will be the perfect way to show what we do and how we do it, and I'm comfortable with using Adobe Premiere Pro for editing the footage. However, we need to add some graphic elements to show how we interpret the results, such as animations of microbial colonies on a Petri dish, and how dilution determines the limit of detection.

If there was any great urgency to this I'd just sub it out to a designer, but as we have plenty of time we'd rather keep it in-house and try to learn how to do it ourselves. Can anyone recommend software that is suitable for a beginner whilst still giving professional-looking results?

34 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks XTreme! How compatible is Fusion with an early 1970s model IT shagwit?

I've never used any of that stuff Mark......but I've heard guys recommending Fusion.

But these types of progs (like Adobe After Effects) are professional tools rather than layman, user friendly applications.

I'd say it's best to sub it out.