Dogcam Editing

With great advice and many PM,s from Dan, which was greatly appreciated I have finally bought my Dogcam Camera Package (DV 500, not told the missus the price yet).

I am not having trouble with the editing, having been using Pinnacle Studio 8 for a number of years now, i dont think it is compatabile with the latest format, ie Mpeg 4

Have any of you had this same problem, and how did you rectify it

What software is best for editing with the dogcam system

will try to get some uploaded

ps Many thanks to Dan

Peach

Personally I use Windows moviemaker.... Sounds like you know about it than me anyway lol, Chris (chris128) on here also has dogcam system, hopefully he can point you in a better direction than me :D

And no problem :thumb:

Looking good Peach :thumb:

Sounds like you got the mic level pretty good too. An observation though, you got the camera mounted to the forks? It shows every little movement you see, I have mine mounted to the fairing, so it eliminates that 'wobble' if you know what i mean.

Yeah that looks pretty good :) As for the editing, I personally use a program called Sony Vegas for general editing and Adobe After Effects for adding animations and titles etc. I remember when I got my dogcam setup I had to install an extra codec for it to play on Windows Media Player though.

I have just Downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas 7.0, and it plays the Audio ok but the video wont play as it cannot determine the stream attributes, so it says

The opposite of Studio 8, lucky me eh

The Camera is mounted on the Front Hugger, i wanted to mount on the inside of the fairing, but it wouldnt stick to a non-shiny surface, i just set the mic in the middle as it was my first trip, maybe i am wobbling cause i'm a biking newbie lol

think i might just pull my hair out, any ideas would be greatfully recieved

Chris how did slove the video streming issues with sony vegas

I'm using Sony Vegas 5 but I probably had the same issue originally and I'm sure it would have been solved by just installing the relevant video codec. Cant remember which one it was that I had to install but I'll have a look on my PC when I get chance and let you know