Ducati ST4 or Honda Blackbird

Pete

<t>Should I get a Ducati ST4 or a Honda Blackbird?</t>  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a Ducati ST4 or a Honda Blackbird?

• Ducati ST4
    • Honda Blackbird

Gosh it looks a lovely bike Jota! Mind you is it a 2005 reg? I'd be lucky to get a 2000 or even 1999 for the money I'm looking to spend! Although I hear they haven't changed the design all too much apart from the fuel injection and like someone else said that didn't even make much difference.

I'm all set to get down to J&S Birmingham tomorrow to perv at the 'birds (pun intended) if they have any in. I hope I don't see anything else to add to the equation while I'm there!

I have thought about the Fazer rennie, yeah. I've also thought about the SV1000 and I think they're really great looking bikes but for some reason I just don't want one! I don't know why, there's just no chemistry :D

I just got back from J&S and had a lovely sit on the 'bird. I couldn't believe how "right" it felt!!! After sitting on the ST4 and feeling nicely positioned with everything cupping me in the right places (hohoho!) I thought the 'bird'd feel cumbersome and almost cruiserish in comparison. How wrong I was! The fairing and tank seem to hold my legs in a great position and once upright it even feels so much lighter than my GSX600F even though it's over 2 stone heavier. I think the search is now on for a Blackbird folks! However if a cheapish ST4 came up in good nick I'd really have to think hard about it.

I'm getting all excited at even the very thought of owning an 1100cc motorbike, that's insane! My dad took a pic of me on it so I could see how I look...not that looks are massively important, just that I don't want to be in the same position that I am now with my current bike where I look like a massive clown riding a Jack Russel. I won't put picks up because I'm wearing my scabby clothes and my hair isn't nice (!!), but it certainly "fits" :D

I'd LOVE a Blackbird - the had one in Newbury for ages but wanted the earth for it. - I've heard they can be pricey, as they tended to be owned by mature riders who proper looked after them.

If you get one for £2000 that ain't a complete hound, - I'd love to know where you get it from!!!

Good luck buddy

:cheers:

I will have to say the Blackbird. Its probably the wisest choice...

I would have the Ducati ST4 if I had the money for one but the Honda will do you the best in the long run!

Also Ducatis use lovely twins that make heaps of torque but the Honda really isnt down on power so youd do well on one

http://n3t.net/humor/motivation/torque.jpg

Cheers guys.

Like I said it's just a case of playing the waiting game. Hopefully this time of year prices will drop a bit, but Blackbirds being the type of bike that gets used all year round might mean that doesn't drop so much. I may have to revert to cheeky naughty boy tactics of sending ebay sellers messages to see if they'll sell before the end! It's worth a try anyway!

I do think though that if an ST4 came up for a good price I'd just have it...although I'm in no particular rush so could wait....hmmmmmmmm :roll: