Chain Lock?

A security system is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Watch these 2 videos to help decide how strong you want your chain to be:

Unsurprisingly, i use the Almax chains (not afflicated with the company, am just a consumer) and would not have a chain with under 16mm links as they are vulnerable. Way i look at things if someone's going to try my chain i want NOISE!

However, if you are not going to lock the chain through the frame of your CG, and then through an immovable object (i.e. something like a lamp post), every time you park, then you may as well go with a cheap, bolt-croppable chain because your bike is likely to simply be lifted into a van on the time you don't bother (statistically most bikes are stolen with vans). Or put on a couple of skateboards and carted off by the local pond scum kidz.

Thanks guys :D apparently buyin oxford lowers insurance too because they are recognised by insurers is Almax recognised do you know??

It comes up even in the online list for most companies and on Almax's website it says Thatcham approved.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm been looking for a good chain lock myself, as bike will be sitting in a car park all day while im at college, although it is the college car park but still haha.

been looking around and it seems alot of places are doing that bike cover + kryptonite chain lock for 39.99, and you get a £5 voucher.

only bad thing is the chain is only 9.5mm links :(

have a look in the for sale section, in Heads up, an online supplier is doing a cover for £40, and throwing in an oxford chain/lock...

HERE...

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 52&start=0

Oxford Heavy Duty Chain & Lock

1.5M chain

Hardened square link chain

Double locking disc lock with 14mm hardened steel shackle

Covered by a protective flexible nylon sleeve

R&G Bike Cover

The R&G Superbike Outdoor Cover is waterproof and fits on all modern sportsbikes and most dirt bikes and supermotos and will protect your bike from the elements when it is parked outside.

The cover has an extra soft lining in the top section for added fuel tank protection. The cover features holes at the foot of both wheels, so that security chains can be looped through easily. The cover also features clips underneath, in two positions, for added security and to stop the wind getting underneath and creating billowing.

Awarded "Best Buy" by Ride Magazine (Dec '08 issue) this bike cover scored a straight 21/21 points - what more can you ask for!

List Price: £73.98 Price: £38.99