Cheap Neck Warmer/Balaclava for Delivery Work?

Ingah

Having just applied to be a scooter-based pizza delivery boy (woo-hoo!), i'm on the hunt for cheap new gear. The previous kid has written off 2 bikes in 2 months, so he's either an idiot, or the local roads really are a true nightmare. Probably the latter, so wish me luck!

To this end, i've just bought a new helmet - another HJC CL-ST (for £85 with a spare visor - a helmet i know fits me well - and i'm poor so how can i refuse? :wink:), and now need some form of thingie to keep my neck warm. Wish i'd bought a copy of Ride or whatever a few months back, it had a free neck warmer with it!

Just hoping someone might've happened to see a cheap (couple of quid) neck warmer/balaclava up for sale recently?

Along this vein, any other "been-there, done-that" style tips/advice, gear wise? (i've got textiles already, although i'm looking for a boots upgrade as i don't think the RST Vortex 2 boots protect ankles well enough).

If you want to look at the Ride magazine tests,

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ri ... CLAVAS.pdf

I found the cold killers good for stopping wind getting in,I have used mine in some extreame weather conditions and not felt cold around the neck,dont forget the rest of your body too,I also uses Hi Vis winter coats over my leather jacket snug as a bug,maybe something to concider in your new job

http://www.springfields.co.uk/workwear/ ... y/?id=1338

Aldi were doing some on sunday £2.99, they may have the odd one left...? or if you can wait, try egay.

i agree i got 1 from there for that price its good if you fold it twice since its only thin, but then i went TK MAX and they where selling packs of 3 oxford and box ones for the same price so i got them too :)

Aldi were doing some on sunday £2.99, they may have the odd one left...? or if you can wait, try egay.

Hahahahaa! Best one yet!

I got a good neck thing for Christmas, think it was from TK Maxx. The make is Lowe Alpine, it's bloody great. Here's the one, mine's red:

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=958

Get to TK Maxx and see if they've got any, much better quality that cheapy stuff, but anything's better than nothing. Following on from what Colin said, I also wear a scarf over this if the weather's bad...which it is...so I do.

If you end up at any race days where companys have stalls and stuff you can often get free ones, I have a bennets one, had a spare which I'd give you but I lost it last month.

An alternative is get some cheap cloth, cut a square 70 x 70 cm approx,fold it in half, cornor to cornor and then tie it around your face.

Works very well and you can pick the size, thickness and patten, I have a black one with white skull & crossbones

Sort of like this except it would be tired around your head, not a skull lol

http://www.aspuk.co.uk/Hot%20Leathers%20Images/Neck%20Warmers/FW474%20Neck%20Warmer.jpg

If you end up at any race days where companys have stalls and stuff you can often get free ones, I have a bennets one, had a spare which I'd give you but I lost it last month.

An alternative is get some cheap cloth, cut a square 70 x 70 cm approx,fold it in half, cornor to cornor and then tie it around your face.

Works very well and you can pick the size, thickness and patten, I have a black one with white skull & crossbones

Sort of like this except it would be tired around your head, not a skull lol

http://www.aspuk.co.uk/Hot%20Leathers%20Images/Neck%20Warmers/FW474%20Neck%20Warmer.jpg

So a scarf then 8-)

I can back up the Knox Coldkillers gear. I have the 'mini neck warmer' and it works a treat, upto just under my eyes (covered by the neck warmer) stays warm compared to other exposed areas which are freezing. A great buy for £15 I think, off eBay.