tyres for a thundercat

spunky1976

hi guys

passed mot today with advisories on the tyres which i was expecting anyway question is which tyres do i go for any one have any reccomendations price is an issue mind. i'm currently looking at michellin pilot roads, conti road attacks, pirelli diablo and bridgestone bt 021's.

advisories are for rear being close to legal limit and front having cracks between treads in places i'm also tempted to just change the rear to start with in which case i'll go with conti's cos the front is a conti already and rear is bridgestone from previous owner

I can vouch for the michelin, been a while since i ridden on bridgestone though. Can't comment on the others...

you want to keep front and back the same though mate ...

i know mate luckily the bridgestone and conti are apprently similar enough not to cause too much bother, for finance sake i might chuck the rear on then get front at later date, garage said it wouldn't be much of an issue but best to change it sooner rather than later

look on ebay mate, you can get some really good deals for pairs on there,

There is a company on there who does pretty much any tyre, any size for a reasonable price, single or pair.

after a lot of searching through ebay and google i'm now leaning towards the pirelli diablo's, got a guy to ring too who i went to before for a repair and completely forgot about :bang:

why do we always need these things when something else has gone wrong and you've used the money on something else :roll:

I use 2ct on my R6.Gotta say theyre gripy to the edge and last for ages and the hard centre compound doest leave your tyre square.Even if they are an extra £20 or so they will probably get you a few thousand mile more.

I use 2ct on my R6.Gotta say theyre gripy to the edge and last for ages and the hard centre compound doest leave your tyre square.Even if they are an extra £20 or so they will probably get you a few thousand mile more.

I have them too, warm up like nothing else aswell :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

having owned one of there bikes i found the best tyre was in fact a dunlop d207. Its tall and it makes the thundercat light in a straight line and grippy in the bends.