Grips

Davidbg

Being fairly new to bikes I'm not clued up on things like this...

My CBF 250 Honda's grips have shrunk down by about 1cm and of course exposed the throttle tube on one side. I'd like to replace the grips to sort this out. I found a website that sells genuine Honda parts, which I think is the way to go. I asked them about how to go about it and of course they suggest I spent silly amounts replacing many parts...

So I'm after some proper advice... Do I need to replace the throttle tube, or can I get away with just buying news grips? And is this something that even needs dealing with if the cost is too excessive?

I'd appreciate any other advice regarding this, I've hopefully added a picture to give you an idea

thanks!

1406344624_IMG_03641280x768.thumb.JPG.74dc48e02cf4061451346a1196d9db5f.JPG

The right hand grip

Moved into Pitstop for ya David :thumb:

And Cobbz has a good point.

Failing that, i can't see it'd be necessary to change the throttle tube ... :scratch: just the grips I imagine

Being fairly new to bikes I'm not clued up on things like this...

My CBF 250 Honda's grips have shrunk down by about 1cm and of course exposed the throttle tube on one side. I'd like to replace the grips to sort this out. I found a website that sells genuine Honda parts, which I think is the way to go. I asked them about how to go about it and of course they suggest I spent silly amounts replacing many parts...

So I'm after some proper advice... Do I need to replace the throttle tube, or can I get away with just buying news grips? And is this something that even needs dealing with if the cost is too excessive?

I'd appreciate any other advice regarding this, I've hopefully added a picture to give you an idea

thanks!

If you water your handle bars, feed them meow meow and put them under a U.V light, they grow. Thats obviously whats happened in this case.

hmmmm... heated grips sound nice, but I fear a little expensive... maybe I'll look into it...

I only recently bought the bike second hand, so not sure what caused the problem - but I was told it wasn't a big deal, I just think it looks a bit messy and I'd rather not have an exposed throttle tube...

Dr Bike heated grips - £25 :)

I'd advice paying a little more and buying ones with a temperature controller, mine are either on or off, and on gets a little too hot ;)

Lovely tho!

get a set of replacement grips, and a sharp knife, cut the rubber to remove old grips, remove bar ends and put new rubber in a jug of hot water (kettle), spray bar and throttle tube with WD40 and slide on, use a rubber mallet to give a bit more ooomph if required, when cooled they will fit nice and snug, or you can glue with grip glue..

replace bar ends and check lever to ensure the operate fully and the throttle snaps back/shut,

sit down, have a cup of tea (not same water from grips...) and admire your handy work.