Adjusting mirrors and fixing a tax disc :P

TeamMCS

Hey guys,

These are shockingly newish questions but sadly my service manual wasn't to helpful.

As I was riding home on my new bike I noticed the mirrors were basically completely out of alignments and moving them to the appropriate position simply made them loose. What's the best way to readjust a mirror on a CBR125?

Second stupid question is, where on earth do you attach the tax disc? I've been roaming around the bike and looking at various pictures on the net and the most likely place would be on the chain side of the rear tie but I cannot see any fixing points. The only potential place is the bolt that secures the chain guard. I'm worrying eyeing up my car tax disc sticker :P

Can anyone point me at the right direction? (RTFM is a perfectly valid answer :)) :stupid:

many use the chain guard mount as tax disc holder, as its on the right side (kerb side..)

as for mirrors, they should adjust with a little (I said "Little") persuasion.. mine are mounted to the bars, so i undo the locking nut and tweak, whereas a CBR will be fairing mounted..,

many use the chain guard mount as tax disc holder, as its on the right side (kerb side..)

as for mirrors, they should adjust with a little (I said "Little") persuasion.. mine are mounted to the bars, so i undo the locking nut and tweak, whereas a CBR will be fairing mounted..,

When I looked at the mirrors they seemed to be bolted to the breaks which I didn't fancy messing with.

Would the stalk move? I'm worried about forcing it and snapping something. The mirror themselves move around but there's a point where, as I mentioned, they become loose and just fall. I've managed to find a sweet spot where I can see behind the bike but I'm still having to look around a lot more.

When I'm driving I have an obsession with whats going on behind me which I seem to carry on when I'm riding.

As for the tax disc, yeah I think I'll go ahead and do that. Sadly my tool box(es) are geared up for solding and welding rather than wrenching bolts :(. Hopefully I wont screw up the bolt to much unscrewing it.

Mines attached to some bolt on the front of my bike, on my wheel somewhere.

And for the mirrors, i had similar problems with my YBR. what i did was turn them completely round, seemed to tighten them slightly. But still, it always was a bit of a pain.

Mines attached to some bolt on the front of my bike, on my wheel somewhere.

And for the mirrors, i had similar problems with my YBR. what i did was turn them completely round, seemed to tighten them slightly. But still, it always was a bit of a pain.

I vaguely recall a similar problem on my old CG. It seems like a really major oversight they'd stick poor mirrors on a bike. Of all the safety equipment you'd want to work your mirrors are the first thing you rely on! I may have to invest in a decent larger set