Wearing Jeans

I will admit that I wore trackys and shoes to my cbt, I don't own a pair of jeans as I don't like them but I will get better protection, when I go to work in the morning I wear some waterproofs not much protection but something and the intructor was fine with me I will get some better trouser protect.

Did my direct access in jeans and cat boots with a ski jacket , this was 5 years ago. Now i wear draggin jeans, leathers or textiles. after coming off in leathers a few years ago I know how much damage the road causes, even at slow speed (Shell grip :o ).

Take it easy observe and get decent clobber as soon as you can - BEFORE the sports exhaust and bling ;)

The only thing I will say is, I once spent a sunday afternoon with a pair of tweezers and a mirror picking the denim thread out of my ass cheek after I had come off. I would not recommend it to anyone.

If you can afford protection, buy it!

For my entire first year of biking I only wore jeans, but I did have boots jacket gloves and helmet. I was very fortunate to only have one very minor off where I was going around a roundabout and the bike came clean away from me and I didn't slide much. So I was fine.

However coming back from tesco over the weekend maybe mile round trip (yes I'm lazy enough for that) there was some disel in the road and I came off only doing 20 mph, because I was going slow bike didn't come away from me straight away and landed on my knee.

Considering how much it hurt in full leathers I would hate to have it happen in jeans.

Would probably be broken with out the armour and definately need a skin graft frow the scraping with the bike pushing down on it.

Message is:

Buy what kit you can and if you have it wear it!!

Even too the shops!!

Most accident's happen very clost to home, usually when you're not paying much attention as you're only going around the cornor so not wearing full kit.