my DIY bike repairs continue

Rik398

ok folks so basically had a crash the other week and am only tpft insurance so couldn't really wait around for them to make a decission so decided to fix it myself with parts off ebay etc.

now the rear passenger footpeg and hanger snapped off so i got a new one off ebay. problem is now one is black and the other is polished or silver or something.

i was thinking of re spraying both of the hangers black, and as for pegs i have new blue ones on order atm to match the new nose cone. I will try and post pictures of the fitting of that in a seperate thing. Mainly becuase if anyone has a triumph daytona 600 i found the union jack nosecone in all colours i.e red yellow and silver on the net for around 160 quid including delivery whereas the garage wanted 450 for a plain silver one. and it is genuine stuff so good deal i think.

my main question is obviously im going to spray it myself using cans, unless someone can put me off the idea? anyone re sprayed aluminium parts diy style? results?

how big are they? might be better getting the mops out and polishing them both..

otherwise paint and bake in the oven to ensure a nice hard coat.. just make sure you send the wife off with the credit card for an hour or two...

so high tempreture engine paint?

as for polishing i dont mind having them both silver colour, its just how would i polish the black one from black back to silver?

cheers folks

so high tempreture engine paint?

as for polishing i dont mind having them both silver colour, its just how would i polish the black one from black back to silver?

cheers folks

if you want to polish it, then you will need to remove it / both an sand them with wet and dry (wet) gradually increasing in particles per inch..

so the higher the number on the paper the finer the grit..

then polish with autoglym or mops and clay bars..

be easier to paint it..