is this a problem.....

Lawton182

That on a flat my ybr really struggles to hit 60mph and that the speedo needle will stop at 60 even when im going downhill and te revs are going up. I love my bikes to bits but the speed can really annoy me sometimes, with a strong head wind i can be pushing max 45 mph.... but usually gets up to 50 and then serosuly drags to 60 if the road is long enough......if i have a tailwind its a bit quiker.

Should i take it back to garage.....as my bike now has 2,000 miles on it...or do i just accept it. Other people on the forum seem to be getting quite abit more out their YBR's.

I was out on my mums YBR the other day. And thats about the max i got out of it .> Even down a really long steep hill the speedo didn't go a millimetre over 65. So its pretty normal i suppose. I do believe its got a restriction there.

How heavy are you? That makes a massive difference, as can height and what you are wearing. When Im naked my gsr will do 154mph but only 148mph with clothes on. :mrgreen:

Stick some tape on your nipples. Should be able to touch 160 easy.

Genius!!! :lol:

Rennie reckons top speed he had on my YBR was 60mph, but got slightly more on his lad's - nearly 70 down a steep hill, flat on the tank!! :D The difference could be that his lad's bike has been used more than mine.

But Rennie isn't a small person!! :D

How heavy are you? That makes a massive difference, as can height and what you are wearing. When Im naked my gsr will do 154mph but only 148mph with clothes on. :mrgreen:

Stick some tape on your nipples. Should be able to touch 160 easy.

Genius!!! :lol:

Waxing any hairy bits will get you few more mph :wink:

im only 10.5 stone ^^ ....but yesterday i went to briddlington with a friend on bikes, and was easy doing 65 on flats....really suprised me....but maybe it just needs a good warmup rather then the little journeys it usually go's on?

Also we ended up on the motorway on the way back with CBT licenses. The road turned into the m62 and we was soo lost....the bikes kept up to motorway traffic easy in slow lane, and we came off at next junction, and no police ...phew!