Bag or box?

Hi!

Been thinking about whether id need some sort of storage unit on the bike for 'stuff' but i dunno, i have a locker at work for safety shoes etc and have a car if i need to carry anything bigger than what i could carry on a bike.

the bike im getting is a field bike style so dont know if a box would look out of place but at least it bolts on and stays there and i could leave my helmet in it. on the other hand, a bag would look cooler and i could take it into work etc but its the hassle of taking it on and off all the time.

decisions decisions.

I've had both hard luggage and rucksacks and I must say I prefer a top box... the only thing I used to worry about was a). whether it would fall off at speed and b). if some thieving gypsy would take it (and possibly contents, including a very expensive lid!).

A rucksack is cheaper but depending on how much you carry, what you carry, what condition you ride in it may not be practical... together with the possible injury it may cause to you if you had a spill!

Decisions decisions indeed! Good luck!

get yourself some of these, then you can strap your rucksack to your bike...

http://www.chainspeed.co.uk/products/Motorcycle-Adjustable-Strap-by-ROK-Straps-%252d-18%22%252d54%22-(Twin-Pack).html

as they've got a clip, they're easy to take on and off.

simples

(there is even a smaller set that are cheaper, all depends how much stuff you'll be putting in your rucksack)

• 4 weeks later...