dying battery

Guest shampoo

Bought myself a second hand bike the other day. On pickupday this lad told me he forgot to turn the ignition off. So his neigbours enjoyed the wonders of the datatool alarm. After a jumpstart I took the bike home, no worries there. Until the day after. It did not start. Only some relays jabbering were heard. Fade headlight though... After push-starting the bike all the gauges where flat. Engine sounded it had a bad cold and soon stalled when no throttle was used. After a nights charge on a borrowed Optimate III still nothing. Now after 24 hours the charge light is gone. But the sad smiley is on.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/29ar1uq.jpg

Does the charger "fix" anything in this state? I would't dare to unhook my battery for a long time because of the datatool alarm.

I've put your post in Pitstop as more people might be able to help you out here, but do pop back into newbies and say hi.

I changed my battery a few weeks ago as no amount of time on an optimiser was going to sort it - flat as a flat thing.

Bummer. Thanks for the confirmation though. Ordered a new one. I hope its not a fight with my datatool alarm. Got the manual in the pocket. Fingers crossed :mrgreen: