CBT & Bike.

Guest SamMoore

Hey, I was just wondering, would it be best if i saved and got a 125cc bike, before I take a CBT? So i can learn on the bike i will be riding.

Also... If I did buy a bike before taking the CBT, how would i get it there?

Thank You.

Hey, I was just wondering, would it be best if i saved and got a 125cc bike, before I take a CBT? So i can learn on the bike i will be riding.

Also... If I did buy a bike before taking the CBT, how would i get it there?

Thank You.

No. Use theirs so when you drop it....

Only way to get it there is either ask someone that is qualified and insured to ride it to drop it there for you, or stick it on a trailer.

Best bet is to do CBT on their bike.

Do the CBT on their bike. Get your own afterwards. Trying to use your own on the CBT adds too many complications and won't be worth the extra hassle and risk.

I used my own bike to renew my CBT but then I wasn't a completely novice rider.

Rennie rode it to the training centre & I had to make sure I got the CBT or I was walking home!! :lol:

Thank you guys. You have jut potentially saved me ruining my bike. I take it the supply 125cc bikes when taking a CBT?

Cheers for the Help.

Thank you guys. You have jut potentially saved me ruining my bike. I take it the supply 125cc bikes when taking a CBT?

Cheers for the Help.

Yep. When i took the CBT, about 4 years ago, i think you generally were looking at £60 or £70 for using your own bike etc. Or £100 for hire bike and kit and everything you need (i.e. extra £30 or £40).

My session cost me an extra £20 though, for an extra 2 hours, as my CBT instructor wasn't happy with my poor standard of riding at the end of the first day, so i had to come back for another road ride. Just to warn you some schools take the pee by trying to charge as much as £50 for this. And some do it free. Worth bearing in mind if it's your first time on a motor vehicle.