MOD 2 6th august, PASSED, YIPEEEEEEEEEE

wow, got a cancellation, so off to get some practice in. doing a block next week, 10 hours plus one free, if i'm good then a few hours less, if need more then so be it. :shock: :D

Edited by keith565

good luck mymidlifecrisis. hope all goes well. just had a look at the forecast, not good for my training this week, heavy downpours. i'm off to ride in 30 mins and it is pouring down. not sure about the weather for monday?

Youll be fine, a bit of rain wont do you any harm lol. Fingers crossed for you what times your test on Monday?

Lynn

it's 1.30pm around Newcastle and Gateshead, got the metro centre and some very busy roundabouts. and i don't know the area.

didn't do to well today. was totally wound up. missing simple shoulder checks and keep looking left instead of right. better improve before Monday. :x

i failed. i'm gutted, 1 major fault. failure to indicate.

examiner pulled me over about 5 mins into the test and said the last two right hand turns we made i had not indicated. i said i had (one thing i know i can't be faulted on is indicating). we checked the indicators and they seemed to be working fine, so he said he would keep an eye on them, he acknowledged he had seen me do my shoulder check and he even admitted seeing my hand move to turn the indicator on, but no light was showing, and it was just the right one. it was torrential rain, so i thought perhaps the glove had slipped in the rain and hadn't pushed the indicator button on far enough. i made sure i had the indicator warning lamp showing from then on.

anyway, rest of the test went fine, no minors at all, was best ride of my life, then he took me into the office and said i had failed. :crybaby:

I'm really sorry, but book another one asap and don't give yourself time to stress over it. I know that sometimes on my YBR during training I thought I had indicated but my instructor said I hadn't, I think you have to be very positive with how you push the indicators as it's easy to kind of slide over them if you arent careful - same applies to cancelling them. You WILL get that Mod2, and onto your Deauville!

thanks Remy, mod 2 booked for 6th august.

i know what you mean, but at no time have i ever had cause to doubt my signalling, my instructor says i am perfect that way, so i guess it's just a hiccup. ah well, just 19 days to wait now.

• 2 weeks later...

mod 2 tomorrow morning 9.07,lol.

went out yesterday with my instructor, was terrible. i rode like a newby. :(

hope i do better tomorrow. so desperate to get on the big bike. had it for weeks now and only sat on it with centre stand down,lmao.

Don't worry. My pretest ride was one of the worst my instructor had seen prior to a test. I ammassed about 4 serious and numerous minors. My instructor really didn't think I would pass. I gave it 101%, did it all outloud in my helmet. If I indicated I checked it was on and then I would check it was off as soon as I was upright - twice! Just incase I checked during a flash part of the light bulb! It all worked fine. 8-)

PASSED. 2 minors.

don't know how i did it. missed turn off from motorway, examiner pulled me into a layby and told me not to make the test route up as i go along, dead pan face too. then overtaking on motorway when he said take next exit, so had to pull into traffic, but all said and done, it's a pass.

now it's bloody raining so i can't get bike from my friends storage.

just want to say a big thanks to Brian and the guys at 2wheelsmotorcycletraining.co.uk for all their help in getting me onto a big bike.

also a big thank you goes to you guys for all the advice and support you have given me and all the other guys/galls on here.

THANK YOU :cheers: