first puncture

keith565

well, not even been on the bike a week and picked up a rear puncture. wasn't a flat Tyre, but down about half.

was near my riding school, so popped in to see if Brian could help.

now funny thing was, when i got the 125, i bought something called slime, in case i got a puncture, never needed it, but as i was off down to Yorkshire last Sunday, i popped it into the backbox. how fortunate was i.

so we took valve out, filled tyre with this slime stuff, put valve back in, blew Tyre up to recommended pressure, spun it a few times, then took nail out. was blowing a gale for about 20-30 seconds, then nothing. leak stopped.

i've been out on last night, checked it this morning and pressure is fine.

it also says it will repair future punctures and is active for 2 years.

now it says it is a permanent fix. anyone had any dealings with this.

It's not very good for the balance of your tyre and whoever changes it will hate you as it apparently makes a mess of the machine that pulls off the tyre!

If it feels ok then keep using it but I would suggest getting a new tyre if you can. I would also tell the bloke who changes your tyre that its in there so he knows about the mess it will be on his machine. :thumb:

i use ultraseal which is very similar good stuff you will have to check what the speed rating the slime is .

can't see anything mentioned on their website so i have emailed them asking about speed rating of slime.

tyre is still fully inflated.

i use ultraseal which is very similar good stuff you will have to check what the speed rating the slime is .

can't see anything mentioned on their website so i have emailed them asking about speed rating of slime.

tyre is still fully inflated.

I found this on the website

http://www.slime.com/images/uploads/pages/File/Product%20testing.pdf

It says high speed test at 100mph so i think you will be ok :)

well, i really don't believe this, a second puncture in a week.

this time the slime is just oozing out, so bike is off to usual place i use for new tyre. (plus it is quite worn )

fitter says it looks like bike has gone through a bunch of broken glass, quite a few surface cuts as well as a few deeper ones.

can't say i remember as i try to avoid anything like that in the road.

Do you have a gravel drive? Ours is quite old now and I'm forever finding crap that have been brought up from underneith. Even found a few barbed nails the other day, wouldn't be fun getting one of those in my tyre.

If you have it will probably be worth checking it over.

Do you have a gravel drive? Ours is quite old now and I'm forever finding crap that have been brought up from underneith. Even found a few barbed nails the other day, wouldn't be fun getting one of those in my tyre.

If you have it will probably be worth checking it over.

got a concrete drive, and the roads are quite new round us. not sure what is going on. no one else seems to be having problems near us and our car hasn't had a puncture for years (as he touches wood)

you more likely to ride on the part of the road where cars don't so are more likely to get a puncture, prob how you got it

that is true.

anyway, got new Michelin tyre on.

roughly how many miles is best on a new tyre before going back to usual driving habits (not that i'm a speeder)

anyway, got new Michelin tyre on.

roughly how many miles is best on a new tyre before going back to usual driving habits (not that i'm a speeder)

100 is the figure usually quoted, but it's also about getting the tyre through a couple of heat cycles and ensuring that you lean enough to cover the whole tyre etc