Tell insurer I've passed

Yes you legally need to tell the insurer of any change in circumstance, house move, license change, medical condition, modification to the bike etc etc.

You need to do it as soon as practicable.

i did the same when i passed, but i asked when i took out my insurance on the provisional licence and they told me there would be no charges for altering my licence status. ask again and threaten to go elsewhere, see if they waive the fee. :up:

Isnt it wierd that some companies charge and some dont, im with Just motorcycle insurance and they didnt charge for the change and to swop from the 125 insurance to the Zephyr only cost an xtra £19.00 not bad £116.50 a year fully comp! :lol:

Do I have to tell insurer I've passed my Mod 2 or do I say when I next re-insure?

I have read that it will cost me ~£40 for any change to my insurance which seems a lot when my insurance only cost £120 - TPF&T for a YBR 125

You have to tell them, failing to do so may invalidate your insurance.

And you may find the premium increases, as newly qualified riders are a far greater risk.