MOT Fail

Ingah

I knew it was coming, but didn't quite suspect so many good reasons for it :lol:

Sidelamp wasn't fitted (i'd already bought new cable and scotch-locks with which to replace the part of the wiring loom that's missing :shock: so i can fit it and plug it into the cabling that goes to the tail lamp as it's powered by the same wire - simply ran out of time).

Front brake disc has little cracks in it. I honestly thought they were just marks, didn't realise they actually go right through the disc!

(Easy job for me to replace the disc with the one from my old CB.)

Chain was missing a split link (the bit that holds the pins in...) :shock: . I thought the joining link looked a little odd, but i had no idea that was missing!

I'd also routed the brake hose in such a way that full-lock steering was compressing it :shock: (i knew it was wrong, but didn't realise it would foul the steering).

And had failed to tighten the top nut of the steering stem. You know, that little bit that holds the front end together :lol:

On the advisory side:

Shiny Hagon rear shock had also previously weeped some oil.

And i'd left the headbearings a little too loose on re-fitting, so there was some play (apparently i should be feeling some friction on them when they're properly adjusted with the front end off)

So err... that went well :bang:

Anyway, the chain... says SBZ on it apparently.

Yet i have no idea which manufacturer that is, and google isn't helping (anyone recognise it?). I'll be wanting a proper preened over link, split links are meant to be a very bad idea on bigger bikes.

(There's lots of life left in the chain itself).

I've got a replacement chain and sprockets - just don't fancy using it up until i have to.

Hmmmm, may I suggest that if you are not 100% confident in the work you are doing on it, get an experienced mate to look it over for you just in case, it is better for me to comment on here than you being in Hospital sorry if this offends, it is not meant too.

Keith