damn u motto guzzi

keith565

my plan yesterday was to do a service on the bike (done nearly 7000 miles since i got it in Jan). quietly confident as i have all the diagrams/service disc/etc on my computer and have looked and looked so i don't need to keep going back to the computer every 2 mins, well that's the plan anyway.

so, managed to get the fairings off, tank off, air filter box half off to show the internal plugs. then what----the impossible, i know i needed a very thin plug socket, but i didn't know it had to be paper thin. so after many phone calls, i had to leave the inside plugs until another day.

so in total i managed to change the air filter and the 2 outside plugs. going for an oil and filter change and gearbox oil change today (weather permitting).

don't suppose anyone knows where i can get a 14mm ultra thin deep plug socket? :crybaby:

I have one of the plug wrenches that's like a t bar with a springy bit in the middle, it's way thinner than a normal socket. Used to do my CX500 ok which had very narrow tubes.

OH! You haven't got a special tool stashed under the tail unit somewhere have you???? I did on my Fazer AFTER I had struggled for an hour with a normal wrench.

I have one of the plug wrenches that's like a t bar with a springy bit in the middle, it's way thinner than a normal socket. Used to do my CX500 ok which had very narrow tubes.

OH! You haven't got a special tool stashed under the tail unit somewhere have you???? I did on my Fazer AFTER I had struggled for an hour with a normal wrench.

nothing hidden, just the standard tool kit under the tail.

i found someone in Wales that makes them from a 5/8 A/F deep socket, so have emailed them.

fingers crossed

Can you not just buy a 6 sied long socket an angle grind it thinner? I have done this with success in the past.

well, this is the plan if i have no luck with the chap in Wales. he is advertising them for $14 plus p&p, so if i can get one for that then i will be a happy chap once again.