suzuki intruder 125 2000

spongebob1984

Hi there guys need some help I have recently bought the above bike it had a few faults with it so I put it in a local bike repair garage 1st prob not starting so they solved that issue as the previous owner had put the wrong battery in it it had an oil leak from transmission so a new gasket solved that the main problem was clutch drag and not goin into neutral when running so the put new clutch plates and heavy duty springs and its still dragging any odeas or help would be gr8 thank you

have you checked the cable is moving freely and is well lubed and depending on where it operates the clutch be it on the clutch casing or from t he other side of the engine via pushrod that the pushrod is not sticking in the seals if it has one

Replace the steels too that will be your problem

I lived with it for about 6 years on my bike till I decided to sort it :lol:

You will find if you blip the throttle while applying pressure on the gear lever it will pop in to neutral

• 2 months later...
After doing my clutch plates I have seemed to have damaged my oil cover gasket and cant find one anywere any help would be appreciated guys lol aint have wasted alot of oil all over the garage floor lol

It shouldn't be that hard to make a new one...often a cornflakes packet side will do....just mark and cut very carefully...