Finally I passed!

Well i finally passed MOD 1 after three failed attempts! :roll: Was pretty nervous again this morning and not looking forward to the avoidance again, lots of deep breaths trying to get karma and then repeating to myself 'I can do this'...and I did. What a happy bunny I am today. :D Roll on MOD 2. :D

congrats mate, any advice for me, i have my mod1 coming up in a couple of weeks...

When I did my lesson on the weekend, the biggest struggle for me was the fig8. every other test I managed first time no sweats.

Thanks. I did have problems with the figure of eight at first but found that I was trying to pass in the middle of the yellow cone between the slalom and blue cones, once I ignored the yellow cone my turns were much smoother and perfect circles. Only advice I can give is plenty of revs and slip the clutch, feather with the back brake. Good advice I got from the forum members was to take deep breaths before each manoeuvre and take your time. Only concentrate on one manoeuvre at a time. Whatever you do, don't look at the cones, look over them into the distance. It was my nerves that let me down on the failures and I know it was all in my head. I just had to make sure I relaxed between each manoeuvre and took time to think it through. Strangely i didn't get any minors on any of the tests just a fail for the avoidance twice and a fail for not stopping in the box on the second test. (I was going too fast trying to practice my speed for the avoidance) Good luck with yours, focus and keep calm. HTH. :wink:

P.S. this morning I was like a Swan all serene on the surface but at full throttle underneath! the breathing helped a lot.

cool, thanks for the tips. It seems that we've come to the same conclusions regards to the fig8. when i was cocking up to start with, i was looking at the cone, once i found things to look at in the distance, i did that much better. Plus that, the school I am with only have a small space to practice in. My tutor said that if we can perform the manoeuvres there, we can easily perform them in the test area.

I just hope my nerves don't get the better of me and i hold it together long enough.

Again though, congratulations on your pass. onward for the mod2 now! hope you get that done in short order.