Rear Brake Sticking

Adam

I took my bike for its MOT and it failed because of a sticking rear brake. I've taken the rear wheel off and had a look at the brake caliper and it seems one of the sliders has seized up. I can't work out how to remove the slider though, I've taken a picture of the slider in question there just isn't anywhere to remove the bolt one end it a round head and the other is the end of the bolt.

Any ideas? Bike is a 2010 Yamaha WR 125R

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae119/AdamWhymer/image-3.jpg

The bottom is the round head, the black bit is something rubber and the top bit is where the bolt goes into.

I took my bike for its MOT and it failed because of a sticking rear brake. I've taken the rear wheel off and had a look at the brake caliper and it seems one of the sliders has seized up. I can't work out how to remove the slider though, I've taken a picture of the slider in question there just isn't anywhere to remove the bolt one end it a round head and the other is the end of the bolt.

Any ideas? Bike is a 2010 Yamaha WR 125R

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae119/AdamWhymer/image-3.jpg

The bottom is the round head, the black bit is something rubber and the top bit is where the bolt goes into.

So you put a spanner/socket on the bolt head and undo it...

I get what you're saying Steve but the caliper is attached to a mounting bracket and that's where the slider goes into. I've looked online and you can remove the two to separate the caliper and mounting bracket but I can't find a guide anywhere! Could it be that the slider pictured is just held in place in the mounting bracket? From the pictures I've seen when the caliper is removed from the mounting bracket all that's left is the other slider (not pictured) and a hole.

ok first of all is this it?...http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epcImages/10076/29.jpg

If it is then it is obviously seized... get the assembly off the bike...then you will need to gently lift the rubber boot and spray some wd40 in..using a rubber hammer gently tap it back and forth until it moves then just keep doing it until it comes off..