fancy getting bike camera

so as the title suggested im interested in buying a bike cam for my helmet think it would be amazing to see my ride and the views i see when i get home, so what would people suggest, i dont know what cost are decent to buy a good enough cam but dont wanna be spening too much in case it gets damaged/stolen cheers scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All seems pretty good so far. Instructions are useless but expected for the price. Hint, buy a decent HD card. I first bought a cheap one which failed pretty much straight away. I thought it was the camera but thankfully turned out to be the card. Decent one inserted, so far so good. Used the handlebar mount and with a bit of jigging about with a camera mount I had found a spot behind the fairing without obstructing instruments, ignition etc. Time will tell.

1572830529_get-attachment(1).jpg.5f0064a8a2f671886d1610fea25e3d69.jpg

Hi Paul

Yes, I used the handlebar mount supplied but it's not high enough to get a good view through the screen so also used a camera mount (Jessops etc) to act as an extention. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

The battery life is useless! Less than an hour. Will be taking it apart to see if I can change the internal battery. Record quality is good and dead simple to use. Shame after I managed to achieve a good permanent mounting position.

The battery life is useless! Less than an hour. Will be taking it apart to see if I can change the internal battery. Record quality is good and dead simple to use. Shame after I managed to achieve a good permanent mounting position.

Dont think you charged it up fully... mine lasts longer than 1 hour

Worked out why. Only have an 8gb card and when it was full the camera shuts down. After what seems like all evening I've downloaded and updated the firmware. Update thanks to reading this thread (have to change the file name) http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/thr ... 377?page=1 and so far so good. Hopefully have now got 3m recordings on constant old for new loop until the battery genuinely expires. It's on test right now.