YBR 125 Fault Code

Invisible_Man

Hi,

Bought a tatty YBR 125 2006 yesterday. Rode it the 60 miles home and all seemed ok barring the chain which looked like it may fall off at any moment.

Whilst sorting the chain i had a bad feeling about the EFI (Call it intuition lol). On checking i found the bulb removed which instantly had alarm bells ringing. Once i had replaced the bulb i got an error code 16 which is for the TPS.

I bought this bike to get me through the winter and save my CB500 from the inevitable slips. I don't want to spend a fortune on it all i would like to do is ride till spring then flog it.

Is this sensor likely to see me stranded? Is it something that can be changed easily?

Very slowly loosing my passion of bikes.......Almost came home and listed them all on eBay lol

Cheers,

IM.

With a failed TPS you usually would see some signs in the ignition system, does it have power as it should?

But anyhow, it's a real easy fix when you find the part.

Hi,

No loss of power. Just a lumpy idle and very very slight hesitation when reving from idle. Fuel consumption still seems good at around 100mpg.

Second hand TPS look to be 20 quid on eBay.

If my lad ever gets a bike and let's it get in such a state of disrepair I'll kick his ar*e. There's wear and tear then there's general laziness. Thankfully I did get 100 quid off but I'll be spending that on bits!

I

IM

Sounds like a cheap fix by a wally who shouldn't be near spanners, if he just took the bulb out!

A sensor should fix the issue, the bikes are small and dinky anyway, only got a few sensors to worry about :)