renting track bikes

mealexme

I want to do a track day, but I want to go out with the intention of pushing things past my own limits.

The problem with doing this, is mentally I think I'm going to ditch the thing, even though I'm not going anywhere near the bikes limits, but I don't want the fear of dropping the thing to stop me pushing myself.

The way to get round this is renting a bike to have a play with.

Now, I'm sure I've seen somewhere that you can borrow a bike (600rr) from the track (I thought it was silverstone) to do a track day with an instructor, however I cannot for the life of me find any info on this.

Am I remembering things wrong, or does this sort of thing actually exist in the UK?

The next best thing I can find are companies that provide full track bikes with a one man pit crew to look after the bike/tyre warmers etc. Thats a bit much for me though. I don't need my own pit crew for a first track day

I've heard the old horror stories of you drop it you bought it or 1000+ pound insurance excess. Having not looked into it myself it could be complete bs. Just make sure you read the small print

Iirc talking to a bloke who rents for 1 trackday a year.

He pays x amount but then theres a £600 deposit that they keep if you bin the bike.

In my experince id take the road bike. Track is extreamly safe. Your unlikely to bin it and even if you run off on the grass then you can keep upright and aslong as you dont grab at the brakes the bike will stay tyres down.

I bet a 20mph slide on the road dose more damage then high speed slide on the track.