Twisted bars or forks?

Comfortablynumb

Finally managed to get my brake pads installed. While waiting it got blown into the fence on the driveway on a windy day last week, (bike was on the side stand with the cover on it, it got blown over to the opposite side against a wire fence and perched there for a bit)

Went for a test ride, my left arm feels weird, like its higher than the other. When I get back I check sitting on the bike with the bars straight, the left handlebar is higher than the right like they are twisted away from each other. (As if your pushing the left side and pulling the right side...) I loosen the pinch bolts on the handlebars as I noticed it was a little off centre there but that hasn't resolved the issue.

I really can't see how the handlebars have twisted as the bike didn't even go over, unless they're paper mâché. Could the forks being twisted a little have this effect? I would have a go at re centering them but I'm missing a big spanner for the top bolt I think.

Yeah come to think of it I asked if dropping my bike would twist my forks last time...

I've now realised they're probably aluminium too... Bugger, new/used bars aren't too pricey though, next question is it safe to ride to work like this, could my bars snap?