U - turn help please

The idea is that you hold constant revs and use the clutch to control your speed whilst holding constant pressure on the rear brake.

To move forward you let the clutch out more, to slow down you pull the clutch in.

Bit tricky at first to control the speed of the bike entirely with the clutch, but you'll soon get the hang of it.

This just comes down to practice, if you can use someones bike to practice on, or hire a bike for the day from your training company and just practice these over and over again.

When i did mine it was on a slight down hill area, with a van load of policemen all watching me, so no pressure!

Find the clutch bite point, ensure the clutch is engaged with revs well above tickover, say about 3k or 4k revs, so the bike wants to pull you forward, at a slow speed, DO NOT go too fasty! Control your speed with the back brake, so the bike brake is dragging. Do NOT touch the front brake.

A quick lifesaver when you pull away, run forward for a couple of metres to get yourself set up and balanced, then turn the bike with another quick lifesaver, look where you want to go, do not look straight ahead and do not look down.

Practice, practice, practice... 8-)