Tyre Pressures

CrusaderPhil

I have a WK 650TR-2 and the book says the type pressures 2.8 Bar 40psi, the workshop manual says 39.8 psi, the Tyres are Continental Road Attack 2.

Every time I say 40psi, other people say are you sure we are only running with 35psi in the rear because they get better grip, so I am confused all the rules say ensure they are set according to the book.

Pleas tell me what you think about those pressure they seem high to me as well.

The rear pressure does not seem high to me.

The Bandit 1250 is 42 psi

The GPX750 I had was 41 psi and I used to run that about 43-44, ( this improved the handling). The valve developed a slow leak and I knew when the pressure was dropping because if it dropped below 38ish the handling was au full. So I would go with the book pressures. But try it and see.

However running too low a pressure increases the chances of a puncture, excessive wear on the tyre edges and poor handling.

Hi Phil.

I am a creature of habit.......I just stick to 36psi front......and 40psi rear.

Its what I've always set the pressures too on my bikes.

Works for me :D

Hi Fred and is that on the TR, book says 40 front 40 rear

Hi Phil.

I ran 40psi front for a while...................I (maybe just me!) found the front felt skittish at that pressure.

36psi suits me......seem (to me) to get a idea what the tyre is doing.

Hi Phil.

I ran 40psi front for a while...................I (maybe just me!) found the front felt skittish at that pressure.

36psi suits me......seem (to me) to get a idea what the tyre is doing.

Mine was at 36, I thought it had lost Air ( Dealer could have set it at 36 ) so put it back up to 40, like yours it seemed a bit skittish

The TR from Liverpool runs 36 on the rear as well and he has lovely rounded tyres where mine have squared off a bit, I now have 2 lots of chicken strips one close to the edge and the latest are closer to the centre, not sure if that is due to a lot of Dual Carriageway and Motorway riding or if I have lost a bit of confidence.

I've stuck to these pressures as its what I've always used.

Never bothered to experiment with other pressures.......happy as they are :D

I think I will put mine back to 36 on Front, see you tomorrow at the Raven

Do you use the pressure as per the manual or by the tyre manufacturers recommendations??

Pressure from Manufacturers User Handbook and They are the same in the Workshop manual, not found any recommendation for Continental Road Attack 2 tyres on their site