Mini moto choke

Guest wardy-wardy-wardy

yer got it now but when i run it and then turn choke off after warming up etc it either cuts out straight away or after a few seconds reving

why????????????????????????????????????????????????????

how long has it been sat ? it could be a bunged up jet ( especially if 2 stroke ) as the petrol evaporates over time leaving the oil to collect moisture and gradually turn into jelly ... hence why on idle/choke it will run for a short period but when the power is needed it dies ( fuel starvation)

if it is cutting out after you turn off the choke i would clean the carb out and if it still does it then just addjust the tickover a little higher and all will be fine

on the carb there should be a screw with a spring on ( might be made of brass) if you tuen this clockwise then that shoud make the bike rev higher but you only need to turn it a little bit ........

I would suggest doing it with the choke on first so that you hear the revs of the bike go up then flick the choke off and see if it stays on

Aye, same happened to my 125, ended up being 2 stroke dried up in the carb and not getting to the chamber, resulting in the chamber and piston being stuffed. Ended up doing a full engine rebuilt myself. But yeah.. take the carb out, clean, check etc as everyone else said. Possibly check the float also.