Exhaust question...

buddy13

I have just fit the bike with a new free flowing exhaust can to my GSX-R 600 K4 and though I am chuffed to bits with the sounds I can feel that the engine has felt the difference...

Below 3000rpm the bike has no power and when pulling off it requires more throttle than before, but then it feels more eager to rev at high revs and the sound is super.

Now my question is if I decide to fit a power commander to the bike would I be able to take it off the bike and fit it on to the new bike with minimum hassle if I decide to upgrade in the future? Would the PC need a rolling road session or a downloaded map should do? Thanks!

Also do I risk damaging the engine with no PC (therefore standard fuelling) and a free flow can?

you defo need a power comander mate they are dead easy to fit just plug in and play and you can down load maps with the pc3 software its a doddle. most power commanders if not all of them are bike specific so you`d not be able to tranfur it to another machine anyway however its a good selling point when you come to get ridd of your current bike.

they say a couple of hours on the dyno will give you a perfect map for what you need but for the last year ive ran a down loaded map for my R1 without any hassle and i can so feel the difference.

on the software you can tailor the map to the bits youve got fitted such as K+N and type of can or decat or cat fitted etc.

hope this helps pal :cheers:

You dont NEED a PC unless you have a full exhaust system or your pipe maker recomends it.

If you buy a PCIII then you can upgrade the maps if you change bike, but you may also need a new cable for it to fit the new bike (although this is cheaper than a new PC).

You also dont need to have it set up on a rolling road or dyno, but you will get a better result if you do, many places that supply PCIIIs also offer a reduced rate for a full custom map and set up.

Its up to you, I would only fit a PC if I could feel problems or issues with the fueling of the bike, otherwise I would leave it and spend the money on getting the suspension set up or other improvements, but like I said its down to personnel opinion.