METAsystem problem

JonnyBateman

I fitted a tail tidy yesterday and some new LED indicators with resistors. After reconnecting the battery and checking everything I noticed that instead of the single tone on disarming the alarm, it gave out 4 short beeps. The manual says this means that the machines battery is low.

I put the battery on charge and it went straight to maintenance charging, so its fully charged. Put it back on the bike and still having the same warning tones. The only thing I can think of that could be affecting the alarm system is the new wiring for the indicators, I don't see how, but it's the only thing that's changed! The LED for the alarm hasn't worked for a while and snapped off when refitting the side panel yesterday too, so I suppose that makes an incomplete circuit connected to the alarm system, but surely something as minor as the LED being missing wouldn't cause a problem with the whole system?

Any ideas or advice from electrical experts would be massively appreciated!

Cheers,

Jonny.

Thanks for the replies. I rang the garage that fitted it and they said it would be down to the LED as its part of the diagnostic circuit for the alarm so it needs to be complete. Ill try shorting the wires together for the time being do at least I can arm it properly until I can sort the LED out.