Dymag Wheel and RG500 Gaskets?

Guest alisdairm

I am Doing a full engine rebuild on an RG500 and I would like some recommendations on a good gasket set. Seen some on e-bay for about £100, but not sure about quality.

Also

A Dymag rear wheel came with the RG500 project I bought, Any Idea what other models the wheel will fit. Size is 4.5 x 16. I was gonna bung it on e-bay but have no idea what its worth. It has sprocket and carrier, no disk and tyre is goosed, has quite a few chips on the rim, but no dents or dings.

Wemoto.com do a full set for £88.99, ordered 2-3 days..

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?oid=1915440

or you could try CMSnl.com, will give you original equipment (OEM) part numbers for you to get from your local dealer.. (CMS are in Holland, so prices are in Euros..) (full OEM set is about £250.00)

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-rg500_model14001/

CMS site is useful for exploded diagrams and part numbers,

sorry no experience of Dymag wheels,

A Dymag rear wheel came with the RG500 project I bought, Any Idea what other models the wheel will fit. Size is 4.5 x 16. I was gonna bung it on e-bay but have no idea what its worth. It has sprocket and carrier, no disk and tyre is goosed, has quite a few chips on the rim, but no dents or dings.

if you go to thier web site they have contact detailer for distributers with fitment database. give them a call and should be able to tell you all the bikes it will fit.

Sell the Dymag, they can be more trouble than they are worth, they are magnesium and fester and rot at the drop of a hat, as they are also cast not forged they can be brittle, put it on ebay you might get £150-200 from some trackday nut. Vesrah gasket sets are excellent.